“Green” Construction Homes
What is The Eligius Homes Company’s definition of green building? Building green means that the home or home building process must
1. Respect the planet’s resources (not using more than necessary in regards to packaging and working materials)
2. Protect its occupants from harmful chemicals and other hazards
3. Recognize the long term impact and legacy your home will have on generations to come.
Green / Eco Builders
The Eligius Homes Company realized long before it was trendy, that we all live in the same environment and what we do affects each other. As a responsible company, it was our duty to ensure we were being environmentally sound without compromising safety…safety for our employees, sub contractors and of course for your family. This has been our standard for over 20 years of building custom luxury homes.
Below is a list of some of our resources / suppliers that are used to ensure an environmentally friendly (eco-friendly) custom home is built for you and your family. Feel free to call us about any of our standards or products that we use. The Eligius Homes Company is also receptive to using any particular sources or products you feel will help sustain the environment.
Green Custom Homes Include:
- All custom home are energy star certified
- Rheem Geothermal systems for heating, cooling, and domestic hot water
- Solar electricity, hot water, and space heating
- Heating, ventilating, and Air Conditioning systems by Carrier, Infinity series
- Rinnai Tankless Water Heaters
- Panasonic “WhisperGreen” Ventilation fans
- Advantech Zip system exterior sheathing
- Weather Best and Trex Decking and Railing Systems
- Green Core Plyform and Sonotube for cast-in-place concrete forms
- Tuff and Dry exterior foundation drainage and waterproofing systems
- Engineered lumber products including certified hardwood and timber framing materials
- Certified Green subflooring by Advantech OSB
- Certified Green plywood sheathing and Red Cedar siding
- Certified Green Red Cedar wood shingles and shakes by Maibec
- Ridge and soffit vents by Cedar Breather and Cobra ridge vents as manufactured GAF Materials Corp.
- Anderson’s line of exterior doors and windows are all “green certified”
- Velux roof windows and skylights are all “green certified”green building
- Therma-Tru Smoothstar Craftsman Style doors
- Sun-Tek Tube Skylights
- Batt insulation and mineral wool insulation
- Air-Krete Insulation for fireproofing purposes
- Applegate Loosefill and Cellulose Insulation
- Homasote Sound Barrier Products
- Bamboo Hardwood flooring
- Carpet padding by Reliance Carpet Cushion
- Certified hardwood Cherry flooring product lines
- Eco-Tile by the Quarry Tile Company
- Gold Bond Gypsum wallboard product line
- Concrete and Masonry sealers by Enviroseal
- HVAC Insulation ToughGard by CertainTeed Corp.
- AprilAire Ventilation Control Systems
- Solar Cool Attic Vent by Air Vent Inc.Custom Luxury Homes
- Kohler Toilets as owner’s option with 1.28 gpf; gravity flush toilets
- Rheem Tankless gas water heaters
- TOTO Aquia dual flush toilets
- Decora wall Switch Occupancy Sensors
- GreenLite Compact Fluorescent Lamps
- Outdoor solar lighting by OKSolar Co.
- Eco-Friendly appliances by Kitchen-Aid, GE, Fisher and Paykel, Miele, Bosch and Thermador
Eligius Homes Company is a premiere designer and builder of custom luxury homes for the Boston, Massachusetts suburbs and Cape Cod area.